The Eligibility Criteria To Pursue Mbbs Abroad For Indian Students
This is a period in Kerala where most of the students aspire to choose their higher studies at the International level. This is not only because of the lack of availability of medical seats in India but also because the students choose to explore divergent exposures to improve themselves in the new infrastructure and circumstances. The culture and system of studies are completely different and it enhances the student to change their perspectives concerning medical studies and also about the country they choose to study. Among the vast number of MBBS education consultants in Kerala, it is difficult to find the best consultancy that provides the proper needs of the students concerning their medical admission procedures.
Over the years the seat availability for Engineering has increased drastically, but not the same for medical degrees. As per the calculation, there are about 65,0000 MBBS seats available in the whole of India, and about 15 lakhs students are appearing the all-level medical entrance examination and several state examinations every year as per the result only 5% of aspirants are capable to satisfy their dream of becoming a qualified doctor. In India, among the total number of 460 medical colleges, there are 225 private institutions and 235 government institutions. The demanding fee of the majority of private institutions is about 20 to 25 lakhs with a yearly tuition fee of 5 to 7 lakhs. Because of the private institutions’ demand for an enormous amount of fee structure, MBBS is remaining as an unreachable dream for middle-class students, even if the student secures a seat by clearing NEET.
As a result, aspiring students who would like to become doctors can study and achieve their ambition by studying abroad. They can become a qualified doctor by studying in their choice of destination by MBBS abroad education consultants in India. Students as well as parents tend to have doubts and tensions concerning medical studies and admission abroad. But with the help, support, and guidance of MBBS abroad consultants in India, like the Medical Admission Hub (MAH), the process of taking medical admission is not at all a hard task.
To pursue MBBS, Indian students generally need to meet certain eligibility criteria. The specific requirements might be different for each country and university as per the choice of the student. The eligibility criteria for MBBS in India are significantly different from courses abroad. Let’s look into certain common eligibility criteria for Indian students to pursue MBBS abroad.
- Academic Qualifications: Candidates should have completed their 10+2 from a recognized organization or council. They should have qualifications in subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects and should achieve a minimum aggregate score, ranging from 50% to 70% depending on the university and country.
50 % for the unreserved category (General) and 40 % for the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) are the minimum requirements for the NEET score for MBBS abroad.
- Age Requirement: Certain universities and colleges have set an age limit for admission into their MBBS programs. The age limit will vary between 17 to 25, depending on the university and country. It is vital to check the minimum age requirement of the interested institution.
- Entrance Exams: Certain Countries and universities require Indian students to clear some entrance exams like the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) in India and achieve a good score. Furthermore, some universities might have their own entrance exam or consider scores from exams like SAT or MCAT.
- English Language Proficiency: As the medium of instruction of most MBBS programs is English, it is important for the students to demonstrate proficiency in the language. The particular requirement can be fulfilled by achieving enough scores from recognized Language Proficiency Tests like IELTS or TOEFL. The minimum requirement of score varies across institutions.
- Document Verification: Students should submit their academic certificates, transcripts, and other supporting documents for verification purposes. These documents should be duly attested and authenticated by the relevant authorities, such as the Indian Ministry of External Affairs or the Embassy of the respective country.
- Visa Requirements: Once admitted, the student should obtain a student visa for the country where they plan to study. Even though visa requirements vary, generally the requirements consist of financial documentation, proof of acceptance to a recognized university, and health insurance coverage.
Important Documents Required for Pursuing MBBS Abroad
- Application Form
Students need to fill out and submit the application form available on the website
- Academic Certificates
Students need to submit basic qualification certificates such as 10th and 12th mark sheets. If the student applying for MD, or Ph.D. courses in medicine abroad, should submit the prior highest education certificate
- NEET certificate
If the student applies in countries where NEET scores are to intake students, they should submit a NEET scorecard if the university requires it.
- Medical Certificate
Medical Certificates are required at the time of admission to ensure that the student is physically fit and not affected by any contagious diseases.
It is essential to reach out and research the universities or research consultants for accurate and up-to-date information concerning the eligibility criteria and other academic- admission details, as they might change over time. Additionally, it would be great to consult with professionals who specialize in guiding students for MBBS abroad or an education counselor to ensure a smooth application process.
Medical Admission Hub (MAH) always prioritizes the needs of each medical aspirant. MAH provides perfect guidance to our medical student aspirants for their flourishing careers and ensures a fruitful future in the domain of medical science. We aid our students to achieve their goals and always choose the best university and college to study MBBS abroad for Indian students. Being the best consultancy for abroad medical studies it is the responsibility of MAH to assist the student to study in an acknowledged university among the best countries. MAH, a venture of Infos Connect Pvt Ltd, assists students to think and make a perfect decision concerning their future and put forward choices of countries where the students would like to achieve their aim and accomplish their abroad medical dreams.